Brand new 1953 Winter spinet

Thu, 20 Jun 2002 21:15:13 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: June 20, 2002 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: Brand new 1953 Winter spinet

> No answers from me - I didn't even know what a piano was back then.
>
> However, since you brought up Grand piano.......... I went to an appt.
yesterday afternoon to tune a piano a young woman just bought so her
daughter could take lessons. A 1960s Grand piano. Pinblock falling off
frame, bass bridge dangling in the air - not connected to anything but the
strings, missing dampers, broken flanges, loose tuning pins, on half of the
keys the key buttons were shot - and on half of those the center rail pin
hole at bottom of key was so enlarged, the key could wander out from under
the wippen. That's just the highlights. This was THE WORST piano I have ever
seen that someone expected tuning on. I think it beats out all the old
uprights I have run into.

> Unbelievable that anyone could have sold this thing.

You expected someone to actually keep this thing and try to play it
themselves? I'm surprised it didn't get donated to a church.

Del