Steinway Seminars

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:14:45 EDT

In a message dated 21/06/02 5:09:08 AM, cadunn@vt2000.com writes:

<< What are the Steinway Seminars, and do you have to be a dealer? What

do they cover? How much do they cost? Where does one stay? etc.

Thanks anyone!

Clair;
 The formal name for this thingee is: Steinway Technical Education Program.
It consists of four parts each aweek long:
1. Introduction to the Steinway Piano.
2. Tuning and tone production.
3. Dampers.
4. Concert preparation.

 Each session is aprox 5 days long with a small number of attendees.
Cost of transportation and housing is the attendees responsibility.
Food costs are the attendees responsibility except for factory lunches
(usually pretty good!)
  The program is designed for those who actively work on S&S thingees but is
open to all. The cost for attending each session is currently (I think)
$600...someone correct me if I'm wrong. Well worth the effort in most cases.
Get the full current info from:
Steinway and Sons Technical Education Program
Steinway Place
Long Island City, N.Y. 11105

Jim Bryant(FL)