More Pleyel from 1860

Richard Brekne richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 00:58:44 +0200

 David M. Porritt wrote:

>Ric:
>
>You kind of denigrated the singer on this file, but I liked it.  It
>was colorful, individual and emotional.  I've heard a lot of "good"
>singing where the voice was better but it didn't have the character
>of this.
>
>dave

Hmmm.... perhaps you are correct here David... I sort of meant it as a
warning,,, tho I tried to include a statement about him really being a poet
type who, once understood, is quite pleasing to the ear and soul. I am pleased
you enjoyed his voice I must say. I wish you could understand the language as
well as he really is a master at this kind of thing.

Thanks for the point and the reply

RicB
Richard Brekne
RPT NPTF