Molded Keytops (slightly OT again)

Greg Torres Tunapiana440@cox.net
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 19:18:10 -0500

I hear a lot about how stable an OS XP is but WIN 98 has been for me =
very stable. FWIW, crashes can and will happen with any OS. WIN 98 is =
also a lot less intrusive than XP. Besides, my current hardware works =
well with 98 SE but the ISIS audio card I use for my music production =
will not work with XP as the ISIS chipset is incompatible with it...

I will probably eventually go to XP, most likely after there is another =
update to it and I can afford another audio card with the capabilities I =
currently have with the ISIS...but I can also bet you that by then there =
will be an even newer, "better" OS offered by MS...   : )

Best,
Greg Torres

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: John Ross=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 4:36 PM
  Subject: Re: Molded Keytops

  I have XP, which is based on WIN 2000. I got it last Nov, and have =
only had to shut down once. It is really stable for me.
  I did upgrade at the time, so it was a clean load.
  Previously on WIN98, I was always rebooting, and frequently, clearing =
the drive and reinstalling.
  I am glad I changed.
  regards,
  John M. Ross