windows xp

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 07:37:55 -0400

At 01:58 AM 6/23/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Jim,
>
>I put Windows XP on my wife's Pentium 233 MMX and haven't had a problem.  I
>have a SmartLink IP address sharer with a firewall built in and it is
>undetectable to GRC.  ZoneAlarm is a good software firewall, but hardware is
>better.  Around $100 and worth it.
>
>James Baker

XP has a built-in firewall and the addition of another firewall software
can cause conflicts.

I placed ZoneAlarmPro onto my new computer with XP and there were problems
but not
since I removed it and purchased a router. The router is a firewall and
also acts as a hub
for the other two home computers.

XP is rather fragile in that by installing incompatible software the OS
will crash, big time.
 From this un-nerving experience I've learned to thoroughly research wether
a program is XP
compatible and then go to the appropriate site and see if there are updated
drivers before installing.

Other than that, I like the speed and features of XP.