Thongs/Tony Caught

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 08:11:32 -0400

Joe,

I don't recall how Tony used the word, but we recognize that some words
have several definitions.  Where I was growing up, thongs were footwear,
just a flat piece under the foot held in place by straps across the
top.  In the dictionary, the most common definition is narrow strips
often of leather or hide.  But I admit that when I hear this word,
neither of those definitions are the first that come to mind.

Regards, Clyde