FAN (was: clothing)

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 10:02:28 -0700

At 12:03 PM 6/23/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I would seriously hesitate to use a fan because it makes tuning
>impossible. You will get oscillating unisons and the voicing will seem
>pretty strange not to say the least. Unless the fan is only used while
>doing regulation or repairs work.
>
>Marcel Carey, RPT
>Sherbrooke,QC

Hi, Marcel

Actually, it never seemed to affect tuning. It is small and quiet,
and turns very quickly, unlike the big overhead fans. The blades
are just too small and fast to reflect sound intermittently. If
it were big and turning at 75 rpm it would be a different story.

Well, that's my ideas of why it doesn't cause tuning problems.

Susan