Sevicing low end pianos (was clothing)

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 18:42:10 EDT

In a message dated 06/23/2002 4:45:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Billbrpt@AOL.COM writes:

> The piano had sat neglected for many years and was in unplayable condition.
> But this was *her* piano!  She wasn't going to put it out to be hauled
> away, she wasn't going to go out and buy another one.  But she was made to
> feel very bad by some of the things that a couple of other tuners said to
> her about it.

Bill,
  I agree that it's very rewarding to go in and resolve this kind of
situation.I've had numerous occasions where the customer was told the piano
was junk,usually by the same guy (which works for a local dealer,with maybe a
sales commision in mind), and most of the time the piano has minor problems.I
can think of one instance lately, where I went in ,reglued some flanges,eased
a few key bushing,and pulled up 100 cents to A440,and the lady was almost in
tears with thanks.It does'nt get any better, I love my job!
Best,
Hazen Bannister