Removing Plate

Richard Brekne richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:56:44 +0200

Let me see if I understand this one right Dave ...grin... we have a piano we
are going to fix..... and its worth going to all the trouble of destringing and
taking all the plate bolts out, removing the plate and cleaning up the mess,
then fixing whatever is wrong, then reinstalling the plate, restringing, and
otherwise putting the piano back into playing order.... the piano is worth
doing this much... (am I right so far ? :) ).... but not worth installing the
plate decently ???

Did I miss something somewhere ?

 Kdivad@AOL.COM wrote:

>I don't know!!  If the measurements work, the money only pays so much and
>the piano only warrents a certain level why would I want to move the plate
>in and out several times?  Perhaps that is what we are dealing with here.
>Ah yes, but in a perfect world!!
>David Koelzer
>DFW

Richard Brekne