Slow hammer return

RCzekay@AOL.COM RCzekay@AOL.COM
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:22:19 EDT

I use a "zapper." The schematic for this device was listed in the PTG Journal
about 30 years ago. It is a home made electrical device, consisting of a
transformer, 2 pointed hack saw blades and a buzzer. You wire it up, and plug
it in, and touch the points of the blades to each side of the center pin, and
it heats the center, which in turn shrinks the bushing and eases it. I have
been using it for years, and it has never failed to work. Most lubricants are
at best just a temporary fix, especially in humid conditions.

I suggest that anyone interested should check the PTG archives for the
blueprint for this device.

Any questions, contact me,

Roy Czekay