Removing Plate

Richard Brekne richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:48:48 +0200

Must admit I am a bit confused here. On the one hand you seem to be saying that
these measurements provide for as good plate fit as can be done. Then on the
other hand you seem to discount the need for any adjustments more precise then
what these measurements provide for....which were as precise as could be to
begin with ??

And I am still not clear on what you mean by pianos that are not worth insuring
the best plate fit, yet are worth removing all strings, tuning pins, plate
bolts, plate... then fixing the thing and reasembly. What kind of repair jobs
are we talking about ?

 Kdivad@AOL.COM wrote:

>> I'd be interested in what measurements you are taking that if taken
>> correctly will insure a plate fit in one try...
>>
>> David I.
>> >
>> > First sentence-"if the measurements work."  Can't hardly
>> > install a plate more decently than that. :)
>> > David Koelzer
>> > DFW
>
>Ok David, strung crown and bearing, plate height, pinblock thickness,
>unstrung crown and bearing and more. Which sounds like my philosophy when
>evaluating a piano for restoration.  Some pianos will not benefit
>measurably from somewhat minute adjustments in plate height.  Those are
>the pianos I am talking  about.
>
>David Koelzer
>DFW

Richard Brekne