Value of S&S L - epilogue

Matt Wynne ptuner@optonline.net
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:25:44 -0400

Hi all,

Since Steinway aggressively buys up their own used pianos to rebuild for
resale, I called them and asked this very question.

Their answer: $43,000 without the player, $65,000 with.

I just needed a number to quote to an insurance company - there's no
rebuilding work involved.  Since there seemed to be some discussion of what
"rebuilt" meant:  I simply was asking about the value of a piano rendered
in like-new condition through rebuilding -  pinblock, soundboard, action
overhaul, refinishing, whatever it takes without being concerned about the
work it took to render it that way.

Anyway, thanks to those who participated.

-Matt