WT in HT or ET?

Piannaman@AOL.COM Piannaman@AOL.COM
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 23:35:35 EDT

Friends and colleagues,

I was between jobs today, listening to Debussy's Preludes in the comfort of
my automobile, when a thought struck me:  a true whole-tone scale can only be
achieved in equal temperament.  The percentage of difference between each
like interval would have to be the same throughout the keyboard for a true
whole-tone effect to be achieved.  Then I realized that this subject is
fodder for more enlightened minds than my own.   Any theoretical or
historical insights on this one??

Dave Stahl