"Double Strings" ie Bi-chords in Lower bass/Kevin Ramsey

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:24:42 -0700

    Well, live and learn Joe.

     From now on I suppose I'll have to predicate all my statements with =
" I have never seen", instead of "All, always, every one", etc.  Thanks =
for the history lesson.=20

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joseph Garrett=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 7:37 PM
  Subject: "Double Strings" ie Bi-chords in Lower bass/Kevin Ramsey

  Kevin,
  And I quote you: ..."all pianos have single strings in the low bass".
  Untrue. There were several that incorporated Bi-Chords all the way =
down to
  C1. Broadwood for one. And Collard & Collard. Of course, that was the =
lowest
  note on the piano, but they did, in fact put 2 stings for that note. =
(Hmm?
  Only the English <G>)
  Best Regards,
  Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)