Peterson 490ST Strobe tuner....good?

Richard Brekne richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 02:21:36 +0200

Hi Bradley,,, and James

I am still unconvinced about calculated Tuning curves, tho I freely admit that
I have a ways to go before being able to firmly make a valid judgement.... so I
am still unsure that the strobe tuner is not the best way to go about
things...if used properly.....

Inharmonicity makes tuning very complex to be sure. Perhaps that is in the end
an unavoidable truth no matter which way you turn the coin.

RicB

 Bradley M. Snook wrote:

>James, I would personally recommend against the strobe tuner. At one time
>owned a 490ST, but I quickly got rid of it for a number of different
>reasons; it was good ETD, but it is not very flexible. Inharmonicity makes
>tuning very complex, the flexibility that computer software can give you is
>quite remarkable.
>

>Bradley M. Snook

Richard Brekne
RPT NPTF