Put it in my pipe Comment/JD

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 16:56:04 -0800

JD,
Bong maybe, pipe NEVER. :-)
Again, I will reiterate: Give me examples of any American/Modern piano that
used spruce in their bridges. All you have given me is European, (albeit,
weird stuff). Granted, you "claim" these particular pianos have a lower bass
to die for. I for one can attest that the Collard & Collard straight strung
from the 1860'-70's has a nice bass sound, all the way to the bottom, but
some of those don't even go to A0, (27.5hz), but rather cut off at C1 or
even F1. So, IMHO, that is not a fair comparison to a MODERN piano with a
compass of 7 1/2 octaves. To die for, I think not.

Furthermore, I did not say it wasn't possible, but simply I had never seen
any examples of it in American Pianos.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)