Muffler Rail Felt

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 23:15:48 +0100

Patrick,

The real mufler felt is thinner in the treble and thicker in the bass, as
you probably noticed yet.

If nothing available , of course standard felt can work, but less well.
There are generally 2 or more qualities of muffler felt, the best one is
known there in Europe as "Celeste" Felt. differences are in thickness and
felt quality.
Yamaha is probably very good if you can obtain it.

HOPZATHELP(s)

Isaac OLEG

  -----Message d'origine-----
  De : owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]De la part de
Kevin E. Ramsey
  Envoyé : samedi 9 mars 2002 03:31
  À : pianotech@ptg.org
  Objet : Re: Muffler Rail Felt

      Patrick, I don't see anything special about the felt used on the
mufflers. I would think any similar thickness of felt would do. You can buy
it at a fabric store for about three dollars a square yard, enough to do a
dozen muffler rails.
      Getting it permanently attached to the rail is another story, but I
think you could make it work without too much trouble.