Offset chart for HTs(Wendell 'Victorian)

PAULNPbl@cs.com PAULNPbl@cs.com
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 05:15:08 EST

The offsets immediately following are(or at least were when this post left my
computer!) the Wendell 2002 Victorian or 'Lite' temperament. I've checked and
double checked.

I checked the offsets for this temperament in the Jason Kanter Historical
Temperament graphs, and those are in agreement, though rounded off to the
nearest 1/10th cent,which for practical tuning won't make any difference.

I've been watching as best I can, and it seems as if gremlins are at work as
this temperament goes back and forth in tiny bits in the electron stream that
is the
internet - it's probably human error somewhere along the line, but I really
thought
I'd seen some deterioration of the data when there had only been copy and send
activities.

It is my intention that "=" means "equals" and there should be adequate
spaces so that
the "+" and "-"  signs are clear in their meaning. B and E have values of  -1
cent and I wrote
that as "-1.0"  so there would not be confusion over whether it might be
-0.1 without the 0 and
the decimal point.   ...I'm curious to see how this post looks
when it comes back to me thru pianotech, and pianotech digest, both of which
I recieve
currently, due to some overlap and confusion in getting started with a new
computer.

(double and triple checked!)
Wendell 2002 Victorian "lite" temperament
C= +4.88
B = -1.0
A#= +3.9
A =  0