YC Grand Clicks

James Baker JamesBakerRPT@carolina.rr.com
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:30:34 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: <A440A@AOL.COM>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 8:57 PM
Subject: Re: YC Grand Clicks

> >The click occurs when the jack snaps forward. The jack center pin
> > resistance seems within acceptable limits, the spring works properly.
> > The non-clicking jacks rotate smoothly throughout key stroke.
> > Any brilliant ideas on how to solve this?
>
> Greetings,
>Check to see if the end of the spring is digging into the jack.

There was clearance between the end of the spring and the jack wall.

>The spring may be too long, or it may have been bent.

I didn't see a bend and it is affecting nearly half the keys.

>Also,  is there more spring than is necessary?  Those hammers shouldn't
jump when released from check!

There didn't appear to be too much spring and I did adjust spring tension
and jack height to extremes and back.  I may have overlooked something, but
I am picking up the action Monday to take to my shop and I will repin,
reposition, readjust and maybe regret.

Thanks for the leads,
James Baker