VERY OT! Immigrants or go back Home]

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 01:05:32 -0800

At 12:45 AM 3/12/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> > We speak ENGLISH, not = Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, > Japanese, Russian,
> or any other = language. Therefore, > if you wish to become part of = our
> society, learn the > language! >

One little problem with this statement: large portions of our fair nation
belonged to Mexico for centuries before the U.S. took them over. Naturally,
most of the people who lived there stayed put, SPEAKING SPANISH. And why
shouldn't they? And they are a part of our society, a valued part. Just try
seeing how the whole west coast would fare without their labor, let alone
how dull it would be without them.

Susan Kline