VERY OT! Immigrants or go back Home]

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:40:56 -0800

Ya, I think there was an episode of Gilligan's Island where this
happened.  Unfortunately the skipper failed to make a deal with the
"natives" while the professor was having a bad love affair with Ginger.
 Somehow through a big jealousy thing with the Chief the treaty was
broken off.  The Howell's tried to bribe Mary Ann into negotiating a
truce but she later decided to sympathize with the natives because
political correctness was "in".  That's where the big language conflict
started because it turned out that the word "peace" translated into a
word that means "beans" in their language.  Suddenly some character who
was never in the plot before mysteriously appeared and everyone became
distracted with their ever popular obsession in leaving the island.
 Unfortunately that was where the show ended leaving a in a major cliff
hanger until the next season.

Rob Goodale

Billbrpt@AOL.COM wrote