Replacement for Heintzman console

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:29:22 -0600

Hi Jeannie,
                    I would agree with Marcel.  Time the late 70's hit QC was
less than what it should have been.
Roger

At 07:00 PM 3/14/02 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello, List,
>I need some help with an insurance claim.  The piano (or what's left of
it) is
a 1974 Heintzman 42-in. console.  I've seen some beautiful older Heintzmans,
but this looks to be of the quality that some of our American counterparts
during that time period, i.e., inferior to anything that preceded it under
that
same name.

>It may be salvageable, but my client needs to know what would be an
equivalent
piano for replacement purposes.  This piano is not playable at present, so I
have no way of judging the quality of sound, scaling or action response.  I
haven't seen enough of this make to give an educated guess.... I only know of
it's past reputation with older instruments.