Password-B-Gone (off topic)

Sat, 16 Mar 2002 01:12:24 +0100

Just take out the battery. The default BIOS-settings will work good enough.
Thats something you could tweak later if neccessary.

Another way (not recommended though) is if you have to equal computers with
the same specs and boot the one without password, exchange the bioscircuts
(while the computers are running) and run one of those small utils that
snatches the biospassword. Then you have the password so you can boot it. I
wouldnt recommend this though. I would go for the first suggestion.

I've done this a couple of times when that virus erased the flashrom bios.
It worked, but I guess it was thanks to a great deal of luck.

Setting the resetjumper gives the same result as taking out the battery.
Since I guess you dont have the manual for the motherboard, just take out
the battery.

If you are really unlucky the worse that could happend is that the BIOS
later dont automatically detects the harddrive and if you then dont have the
harddrivespecs you will either have to:
a) search the web for the specs.
b) install the harddrive in another computer to see if that one recognizes
it.

Good luck. Just mail me if you need further assistance.

Daniel Lindholm / Sweden