Conover was chickering

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 16:21:34 EST

In a message dated 3/16/2002 9:17:28 AM Pacific Standard Time,
JWyatt1492@AOL.COM writes:

> Subj:chickering
> Date:3/16/2002 9:17:28 AM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:JWyatt1492@AOL.COM">JWyatt1492@AOL.COM</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>
>           Jack

           What can you tell me about the conover 77 you refferred to in this
post. Size and all. I believe I saw a conover 5FT.8" in David Hughes shop
some time ago that was a spittin image of the Mason A. and sounded just as
good. Amazing sustain ,partly Dave and Judys fault of course to be sure, but
also an excellent design. Do any of you all see many of these? I'd love to
get one cheap to rebuild.
 Yeah who wouldn't?
  By the way my desparaging remarks about Chickering 1/4 grands was directed
primarily at the 123 &133 though I don't keep up on chickering model
designations. I have rebuilt the 5 ft. 8 " and thought it quite good as you
say.