tuning high treble

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 21:44:42 EST

In a message dated 03/20/2002 10:13:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

>  agree, but have gone a step further. I took a standard rubber mute and cut
> in in half lengthwise - that way it fits more easily in these tight places.
> However, more often I simply use the thin Yamaha stick mutes with the
> leather on the split tip - works great - insert between hammer shanks on
> appropriate angle and insert between strings just at the top of the dampers
> - always fits between damper top and hammer bottom.
>
> Terry Farrell

Terry,
  I've never used the yamaha stick mute,I almost order one with every
order,but never have.I do like the papps mute though,it's easy to get in
below the dampers,and it's very fast.I mute the center and right
string,tuning the left,move the mute over one and repeat.
Good tuning
Hazen bannister

P.S.
I want to thank everyone for the valuable advice I've recieved, to several
questions I have posted.