Interesting Old Soundboard

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 07:12:19 -0500

I am making a set of cauls of various radius arcs for a soundboard press. I just laid it into the closest matching caul. Being that the back of these ribs were bend (or cut?) concave, it is possible that they were originally formed with much less (or more!) of a radius, and they dried the panel the stein-way and let it go where it would. I was just shocked to see that kind of bend in them.

Terry Farrell