Floating soundboard

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:57:48 EST

In a message dated 3/23/2002 5:38:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ANRPiano@AOL.COM writes:

> Subj:Re: Floating soundboard
> Date:3/23/2002 5:38:50 AM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:ANRPiano@AOL.COM">ANRPiano@AOL.COM</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> In a message dated 3/22/2002 10:40:01 PM Central Standard Time,
> Erwinspiano@AOL.COM writes:
>

> >> This is the design or redesign of a soundboard that has a sound board
>> that is not attached to the rim at the tail end of the piano and usually
>> as close to the bass bridge .
>
> How large of an area is unattached?  Is there any risk of noise/buzzes?
>
> Andrew Remillard

                     Andrew-----Many have tried different amounts so I can't
speak for them. The Mason A I floated last year had I'm guessing about
20inches or so that was not attached to the rim. What a great improvement.
I've done another with out this modification. Well I won't do that again. In
the current redesign of the Bluethner there is appox amately the same amount.