For UK Piano Techs or anyone who will be in the UK in March or Ap ril - Not totally OT

Brian Trudgeon briant@inet.co.za
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:51:29 +0200

Dear Piano Technicians list subscribers

I have posted this here because I have been struck by the warmth and caring
of the list members. Also I believe it should appeal to piano lovers out
there. If you are unable to attend yourself tell your clients about it. A
fantastic show with two piano players, two pianos. Heaps of talent and fun.
Don't miss "A Handful of Keys"

There are benefit performances being held in London to raise funds for Oscar
Von Memerty. Oscar and his Sister Valeska were both born with MPS 6 (muco
polysacharodisis 6) a.k.a Maroteaux Lamy Syndrome. This is a genetic
metabolic illness, (they lack an enzyme which expels the fatty acids from
the cells), which causes all the soft tissues to swell causing massive
deformity, dwarfism, increasing paralysis, loss of motor functions, gradual
blindness and deafness and proves fatal by their teens. Sadly Valeska  died
in August 1998, from transplant complications, two months before her sixth
birthday

The plan is for Oscar to have life saving surgery at the Great Ormond Street
Children's Hospital in April and the benefit concert is to raise funds for
this.

There is more info about the show and Oscar's operation on the show's
website - www.handfulofkeys.com

Venue - The show will be playing at the Mayfair Theatre, ( Mayfair
Intercontinental Hotel) in Stratton street W1 - just around the corner for
the Green Park Tube Station.

Dates - Sunday 31st March to Friday 5th April at 7.30 pm
Saturday 6th, and Sunday 7th April at 3pm and 7.30 pm.

Bookings - Ph London theatre bookings on 0207 851 0300
Fax London Theater Bookings on 0207 494 0267 Website -
www.londontheatrebookings.com

Bookings open on Friday 8th February, 2002.
Prices - £30 .

If you know of anywhere in London that we could distribute flyers to people
who might enjoy the show and/or want to support Oscar please let Ian (Oscars
father and Creator and Performer in the show)  know the details on
vonmem@mweb.co.za

I have seen the show in South Africa and it was brilliant. The two piano
performance of Rhapsody in Blue, blew me away.

With Thanks
Brian Trudgeon
South Africa