Steinway 457cps pitch

Wed, 27 Mar 2002 17:08:07 +0100

Conrad Hoffsommer wrote:

> Rick,

Its Ric, Conrad... not Rick... :) whomever decided to add a "k" to an already kc'd
"c" was bonkered. Totally uneccesarry and not nearly as classy looking. :)

> >So... let me see if I understand this.... you are saying we are sort of like a
> >bunch of bees that for some reason have this need to buzz a bowl at some
> >applicatory speed to ...... presumably keep from bumping into each other ??...
>
> No, Herr Brekne, that describes Boolian motion, and the closest this could
> be related musically is the pitch standard of an elementary school band.

ER... ah... uh.. I think we agree ... but I am not sure. I think I will have to go
back and forth on this one for a while.

> >Grin... and this better ???  What does linquistics or linguistic history
> >have to do with the absurdity of one pitch over any other?
>
> Just as much as epistomology, or as this thread seems headed, epidemiology.
> Or is it just weltanschuung(sp?)?

I was wondering if Egyptomology had anything to do with it... Maybe the ancients
thought there was some such absurdity.... but maybe its a more religous thing as
you suggest.

> >  From humour to confusion... :)
>
> Yup.
>
> Perhaps 440Hz is the MSRP (musically suggested reasonable pitch) [YMMV]

Now THERE is a reasonable suggestion ! Me likes.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.