Used hammers for upright piano project

Claudia Cimenti claudia_cimenti@mail.com
Tue, 07 May 2002 14:52:39 -0700

Hi,

I am trying to restore a vintage upright to playing condition, for purely
educational purposes.

I need to replace the hammers. Most hammers are worn down to the underfelt!

I was wondering if someone on this list might have a used set of upright
hammers available that they would want to part with. I really do not want
to spend $130+ for a brand new set of hammers for this old piano at this
point. It would be ok if the hammers are worn, need reshaping, have no or
broken shanks, etc, etc. The striking distance was nearly imposssible to
even guess, but I venture it was 2 3/8 ".

Please feel fee to Email me personally at claudia_cimenti@mail.com if you
can think of something.

Thank you very much!!
/Claudia

PS: I hope that with this post I did not overstep the focus of this list.
If so, please accept my apologies. /C