knuckle bolstering/thanks Joe Garrett

PNHISTIC1@AOL.COM PNHISTIC1@AOL.COM
Wed, 8 May 2002 00:56:33 EDT

List,

I'd like to say thanks to Joe Garrett for his advice a while back on this
list about knuckle bolstering using a darning needle and thread.  Knuckles in
a Knabe (Nuckles in a Nabe?) that I was working on had plenty of material
left, and the buckskin was still fine, but they were fairly misshapen; the
jack was slapping pretty hard when it came back to rest.  Took the needle,
and ran it through each one a couple of times, and voila, round knuckles.
Most of the action noise disappeared!

During the procedure, not being an expert couturier, I darned my darn finger
more than I'd care to admit, and once with the eye end of the needle.
Despite a few extra minutes for band-aid application to my right forefinger,
it was quite a timesaver over a new set of knuckles!

Thanks again, Joe,

Dave Stahl