[Fwd: RE: [Fwd: Re: action ratios]]

Sun, 03 Nov 2002 15:00:29 +0100

Hi Folks.. This just in from the European agent for PTD. He
does not subscribe to the list but has been reading some of
the posts that we have sent him. His email address is Frans
Pietjouw" <frans@pianobedrijf.nl> in case any one wants to
get in contact with him.

I might add that any of our European freinds interested in
becomming a Stanwood PTD installer should contact Frans. He
will be glad to help you out.

Dear colleauges,

I would like to attribute my experience working with High
zone hammers
as follows:
Now a days I'm being instructed by David to become a
Ptdesigner for Europe
and as a beginner I started looking over the shoulder of
David of
what he is actually doing. He always looks at the numbers in
the way of
both a musician and a piano technician. Following this
lesson, I always
talk with the technicians who order a PTD over here in
Holland. From day
one David and I tried to let them work with the paperclips
to search for
the best tone possible coming out of the instrument they are
rebuilding.
The last few months I myself have worked on two grand pianos
and two
upright pianos al with SW curve 12. To be honest I'm very
enthusiastic
about this curve so fare. So I talked this over with the PTD
installers
over here and one of them tried it out on a Steinway model
O. He wasn't
satisfied and finally choose SW curve 10, feeling a bit
sorrow for the
bass section, because indeed this Steinway sounded more
beautiful in the
bass section with SW curve 12. I told him to order a PTD
starting off
with SW curve 12, slightly coming down to finally in the
break between
bass and middle section becoming SW curve 10. It really
struck him that
with PTD one can make a design which fits any particularly
instrument to
a level that the best possible tone comes out of it! What I
mean to say
is obvious; With PTD you can design what you, or the
consumer likes
best; What the instrument fits best; What the room or place
the
instrument is placed in fits best. The possibilities and
varieties are
un endless.
For me it's a every day job to listen and make decisions for
the best
tone, calculate ratio in relation to the new SW and make
sure that the
action geometry is set op in a way the action performs at
its best. And
you know, it works!

Frans Pietjouw (Holland, Europe)