Tuning the Duplex (was ...Capo)

Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre baldwin@mta-01.sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 12:54:30 -0600

Hi Alan,
               It's massaging the strings upwards, to get a nice
termination fit. a little less energy goes into the duplex section, and a
little more is reflected back to the speaking length. Be careful not to
kink the string, or you can make matters worse, by inducing false beats.
Use a string hook from above, ore massage from below with a hammer shank.
You will also notice an improvement in tone and sustain.
Rubbing out the rear duplex with a hammer shank, so they all speak at the
same pitch, can also improve things a little.

Regards Roger

At 10:57 AM 9/3/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Jolly Roger said: "Lifting all the strings in this section can also help
>minimize some of the duplex noise."
>
>This may not be good for me ego, but, what it he talking about here?
>
>Alan Barnard
>Salem, MO

Roger