ETD's accurate?/stage lights

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:30:09 EDT

In a message dated 09/18/2002 2:02:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:

>  Lights, on full house, temperature up at
>  least a couple 3 degrees. I check the piano afterwards and find a couple
> unisons
>  that need very slight touchup... as in they developed what amounts to a
beat
>  every 3 or 4 second drawl to them. No pitch adjustments per se were needed
> on any
>  note.

Lucky you. This has not been my experience. I tuned on stage yesterday.
Called ahead, had stage manager open piano and turn on lights, started tuning
20 minutes later. Shouldn't have rushed it, don't usually. Piano was still
creeping after another 20 minutes, three cents in tenor. This is way too
much. Seemed to have pretty much settled down after a total of about 45
minutes. I'm going to wait longer today, as usual. Each stage I tune on has
different effects from the lights, different time to stability.

Bob D