German scale

Paul McCloud pmc333@earthlink.net
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:43:28 -0800

I don't know what Imperial means, but the piano appears to be designed
in the European tradition, with emphasis on the fundamental rather than
the upper partials (as the Japanese and Asian pianos are).  The designs
by K. Fenner superceded the old designs Samick used to use.  I don't
know if the current models are still done by Mr. Fenner, as they appear
to be not as good as they used to be.  We stopped selling the Samicks in
the mid '90's.  As much as I know,
	Paul McCloud
	San Diego

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Clyde Hollinger
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 3:25 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: German scale

Friends,

A customer asked me what the brass plaque on the left cheekblock of
their 1989 Samick console means.  It says "Imperial German scale."  I
said I don't know.  Can someone tell me?  On the plate it also says
"scale design by K. Fenner."  Is this something special, or just another
sales gimmick?

Regards,
Clyde