Twisted key

Bob Hull hullfam5@yahoo.com
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 18:55:55 -0800 (PST)

List,

I tuned a Baldwin Hamilton today that has a twisted or warped white key.  It can't be leveled with the others or squared.  The front of the key is twisted compared to the back.  When you set it on a flat surface you can really see the twist - the front left corner of the  key is up in the air about 1/8".  I know sometimes you can force a wedge into a kerf cut into a key that is bent or warped, but it doesn't seem like that would work on this twisted key.  I would appreciate your suggestions.

Bob