Protek and Bridges

Wed, 02 Apr 2003 14:31:11 +0200

Farrell wrote:

> Good to know I am not the only one slow to recognize a joke - or a jab. We talk about loose bridge pins as being a primary cause of false beats - I can't imagine too many things that would help a bridge pin loose grip of its surrounding wood than a little dab of Protek. I imagine you tried applying it to reduce string/bridge/pin friction. But I wonder if it would not have the effect of loosening the bridge pin.

Hmm.... It is supposed to leave a thin coating. So perhaps it might actually tighten the fit just a tad in addition to making it more slick as it were. Up and down looseness of the bridge pin ???? Would seem the side bearing would prevent this from being a problem.... or what ?

RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.