Slow Console Action

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 17:56:29 -0500

Ron N. wrote:
> Yup, key bushings (balance rail, the ones on the outside of the doglegs)
> next most likely. Then capstan pads.

I eased the key bushings - are you suggesting something else be done with the key bushings? And I did not mention it, but I microfine Tefloned the wippen heel pads. I would have put the powdered Teflon on the hammer butt leather also, but I could not figure out how to get it in there without removing every butt. Anyone ever get powdered Teflon in there on an assembled vertical action?

Terry Farrell