Old piano plates----uses for??

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 23:37:57 -0600

Everybody: In the next couple of days I will post a photo of the definitive,
uniquely practical ultimate use for your old piano plate. Promise.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Richard Moody
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 11:20 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Old piano plates----uses for??

 I have been trying for  years to come up with a use or uses for
old piano plates.  I imagined them being used for a weight for
pickup trucks or a boat anchor in a yacht harbor.

The best so far was an April fool's joke.

Now I am considering arranging two or three in a mobile to
function as a wind chime.

Do you know what the sound of a suspended piano plate sounds like
when struck by sufficient "hammer"?  ?   Neither do I but I will
let you know if I get around to it.

But really there must be some use for old piano
lates.....  ----rm