Removing paint from the woodwork.

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 20:42:39 -0800 (PST)

Try to get the white off FIRST, by itself, with some
latex paint remover which will not affect the
underlying varnish. There are all sorts of things
which remove latex, but not oil-base. Ask a good paint
store.
     If that doesn't work, scrape as much as you can
off dry, so that it doesn't mix with the old varnish
during stripping and lodge in  pores as previously
mentioned. But, if some does, you can probably still
get it out by brushing with lacquer thinner and a
brass pot brush.
    Wear a good mask and gloves or you will become an
idiot.
    Thump