OT modem speed

Fri, 04 Apr 2003 12:19:43 -0500

Don-
There was an article in the NY Times  yesterday (Circuits Section -
Thursday 3/3/03)   about this. Here's part of it:

Neither company mentions in its promotion material that the technology used
to speed up surfing reduces the quality of images on Web pages. Pictures
can be noticeably fuzzy.  ... products give users controls to adjust the
tradeoff between speed and image quality.

Are your reasons for eschewing broadband economic, principal, or
unavailability?  (or other, i.e. none of my business?)

David Skolnik R.P.T.
Hastings-On-Hudson