ETD

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Sat, 05 Apr 2003 16:12:22 -0000

I emailed back and forth with the TL people before buying. They had not specifically tested the 1910. It runs perfectly well on this machine; I've had no problems at all. Pay a little extra for a 48 or 64 meg storage card and you can install almost everything on that instead of using the internal RAM.

I have a huge bunch of ebooks with three different reader programs, several large games (Monopoly, Scrabble, chess, etc.), Tunelab, and a bunch of other stuff on there, including the Word and Excel that came with it... I never have a memory problem or slowdown and I haven't even filled half of one 48 meg card. I am very impressed with the whole deal.

Hope it helps.

Alan
-------Original Message-------
From: Phil Ryan <pryan2@the-beach.net>
Sent: 04/05/03 06:43 AM
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: Re: ETD

> Alan,

The Tunelab website does not claim to support the iPaq 1910.  Did you take
it on yourself to install it, or is the Tunelab website behind the times?

I'd like to purchase the iPAQ 1910 and save the money and cumbersomeness
of
the iPaq 3900 series (About $200). Other than the Tunelab, I don't plan on
installing any other power-thirsty programs.   Am I being penny-wise and
pound-foolish?

Phil Ryan