ETD

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 20:05:53 -0500

With constant usage, any of the color Pockets/Handhelds are monster power
users. The 1910 will get you through a tuning or too w/ pitch raises. It
charges amazingly fast. I take the cord with me and, on a couple of
occasions, have plugged it in to finish a tuning, after which it was pretty
well recharged! I haven't done it yet, but I'm planning to buy the cigarette
lighter power cord to keep in the car, then just get in the habit of
plugging it in while driving. These new batteries don't have a "memory" so
you don't have to run them flat before recharging.

Anyway, it really isn't a problem. I wish the battery would last at least 8
hours on constant use, but on the other hand, I like the small, light-weight
device a lot more than my old Palm Pilot or laptop.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of L Verkoelen
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2003 10:04 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: RE: Re: ETD

A question for those of you running the new 1910 or the older Ipaq's. I am
still running a palm platform for managing my accounts. Two AAA batteries
last about a month. I checked out a review on the 1910 and it only has a
battery life of 3 HOURS!!. Isn't that a problem. I know that you can get
extras for the 1910, (not the 3900's), but at $50 dollars a pop is it worth
it.

Louis Verkoelen

 Other than the Tunelab, I don't plan on
installing any other power-thirsty programs.

Phil Ryan