Jolly's Prep

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 17:35:04 -0700

Thought I'd clean this one up a bit, as some people may want to print it
out.
Kevin.

At 08:52 PM 4/8/2003 -0700, you wrote:
 Hi Roger, I'd love a copy of your prep list (for me personally, not the
Journal, unless you want to write another article? <G>) Thanks, Jeannie,

1. Rub all rear duplex's so they are playing the same pitch.
2. Lightly tap all bridge pins.  This will also settle the strings to the
bridge.
3. Tighten and level all coils. The above steps takes about 20mins.
4. Pitch raise to A442.
5. Lift and level all strings. In the capo section both sides of bar. This
action will drop the pitch back to about A440.
6. Fine tune.
7. Tighten all action screws, and check travel.
8. Mate hammers to the strings.
9. Brush up regulation as required. Pay attention to glide bolts they
always need attention.
10.  Voice as required.
11.  Allow about 1 hr for damper work. The damper tray needs to be 2 mm off
the dags for quiet operation. ( I  have a change in the works for what is
currently being done. ) 1mm  clearance from the tray to the underlever
capstan. If you use this spec  you will get better half pedal results.
12 Dip on this series of piano is 11mm at 46mm blow.  This will be changed
to 10mm in the near future.
13 swing test the action for any tight centre pins.

Regards roger