keys not returning

Dave Nereson dnereson@dim.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 01:43:27 -0600

---- Original Message -----=20
      From: HazenBannister@cs.com=20
      To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
      Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 10:24 PM
      Subject: Re: keys not returning

      In a message dated 04/09/2003 12:09:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time, =
dnereson@dim.com writes:=20

        height.  If that's not the case, then there's either friction or =
worn bushings or tight bushings or action parts that are too light, or =
another way of looking at it -- they keys need a little weight between =
the balance pin and the capstan.

      Hi,
      I am just coming in the back door of this thread,so I might be =
repeating something,or off base.When I'm checking sluggish problems,I =
first check the key, taking the action out of the equation,by lifting up =
the whippen off the key,and the reverse,checking action centers,by =
taking the key out of the equation.
      Best,
      Hazen Bannister=20

          It's not so much a problem of sluggishness as that of the key =
not coming all the way back up.  If the action pinning is within reason =
and the key bushings aren't worn or too tight, I use Jiffy leads -- =
usually as close to the key button (on the back side) as possible.  =
They're manufactured for a reason.  What else do you do?  For one or a =
few keys, now -- we're not talking about re-weighting the whole =
keyboard.  You do that if there's a lot of them not returning and the =
player will notice the difference and can afford it.  --Dave Nereson, =
RPT

      ----- Original Message -----=20