new mac-software in back of ptg journal

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:09:39 -0400

At 10:40 PM -0400 4/10/03, J Patrick Draine wrote:
>I still need to figure out how to arrange my AW customer DB so it
>imports into Palm Desktop in a coherent manner (any suggestions
>welcome).

You may be up the creek on this. The last time I looked (which was
AppleWorks 5) you can't export. Any serious database will allow at
least a tab/comma delimited text export, which is what i did with my
database, http://www.provue.com/panorama.html. I did have to muck
around in Palm to get the fields which I wanted to export to align
with Palm's fields, but that done, it was slick as a greased palm. I
never did figure out how to import only those fields in an existing
record which had changed data, so I leave that up to the lady who
comes in three mornings a week to do manually. But I'm sure there's a
Palm developers list which could answer a simple question like that.

I also can't believe there there hasn't been developed a shareware
program to make the transfer from AW to Palm. Those are two common
apps.

>Everyone else upgraded to OS X 10.2.5 yet?

My most modern machine is a 2.5 year-old G4 Dual450 Tower, which is
running on 9.1

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"So come on down, for the best in fidelity"
     ...........AM radio spot for the local Radio Shack store.
(Thank you, I'll take a space between the last two words.)