Repinning flanges: Unusual discovery and solution

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 05:41:41 -0700

Never saw that but I have had to glue back on a couple sharps before I
lightened up.
Keith Roberts

> Removing key bushings - you need to dab little water on them, right? But
maybe they dry out a little too fast. Well, common sense will tell you that
if a little water is good, a lot is better! A good solution would be to
simply fill that nice little receptacle (key mortise) up to the top with
water! That way the key bushings get a real good soaking. Of course, you
need to keep adding water to the mortise ........ because it seems to go
away ...... somewhere. Let sit overnight. Works great. Bushings fall right
out! Anyone ever see a key with a nearly circular cross section? (I have.)
:-(

> Can anyone top that? Or do I get the booby prize?
>
> Terry Farrell

Swung