The Feel of Voice

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 19:45:19 +0200

Feel also as an important part of the "tone" the way the checking
occurs. This in himself is very relative to the voicing, as a matter
of how the hammer rebound on the strings.

But indeed this is more felt on "hard tensioned hammers", as I see it
, traditional mellow tone hammers as I have seen are producing a
delayed feel in the finger, still there but later.

I've seen my first Chickering today, seem to be a very nice piano,
before it have been destroyed by the rebuilder. I wish I could see
some nice restored ones someday (was a very old begin of the century
2.20 M model or approx).

Best regards

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.