Then there were one

Barrie Heaton piano@a440.co.uk
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 21:31:24 +0100

In message <003201c30061$28709380$80e2b1d8@Pianobuilders>, Delwin D.
Fandrich <pianobuilders@olynet.com> writes

They are a west midland retail outlet I have not seen the barless grand
myself but I have been told it is very disappointing
http://www.ladbrookepianos.com/Broadwood/broadwood.htm
I believe the grand is made in Asian.

>And what will be happening to the Knight? Please don't tell me it's going to
>become another stencil name on another ubiquitous, cookie-cutter Asian
>pseudo-piano.

 Some one in US  is interested in buying the name and patterns how true
this is I don't know,  it did not come form BPM  However, the Bentley
name is more likely to be "ubiquitous  pseudo-piano" because the name
sells well in the Far East .

At the moment all eyes are on #Bluthner UK (who are part of the WMC
group which also owns BPM)  the men in Blue where in the head office and
the 3 shops on Tuesday taking stock .

Barrie,

#Bluthner UK is not part of Bluthner Germany they work together but are
not financially tied so if Bluthner UK go under it will not effect
Bluthner Germany well loss of sales perhaps.
--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/
AcryliKey Ivory Repair System UK ©              http://www.acrylikey.co.uk/