OT-Howard Spinet in Baghdad

Gordon Holley gholley@hi-techhousing.com
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 09:04:11 -0500

You know, if I have any regrets about that particular restaurant and
bar being bombed in Bagdad, I feel for the poor pianist just sitting
there trying to make a little money, it's a rather quiet afternoon
and Saddam and guests walk in and Saddam walks up to Sam and repeats
Humphrey Bogarts famous line that he spoke in the movie "Play It
Again Sam" and then BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM.
Goodbye old Howard spinet.  Oh well, it's Friday afternoon and I know
this is a little OT, but what the hell, it's my first abuse on the
list.
Have a great week.  This past weekend I played a lounge gig and had
requests for "As Time Goes By", and they sang right along with me,
you remember "You must remember this  . . .a kiss is just a kiss . ."
Regards, Gordon Holley
Goshen, IN